Pre-conference Financial Services Focus Day: Wednesday 26 October 2011
With regular legislative changes, and shifts in economic and public expectations, the financial services industry is required to be one of the most adaptable sectors in the UK. Change is crucial to maximising profits and staying ahead of the competition and as such, reducing costs and increasing efficiencies should be priority one for financial institutions.
In this pre-Conference focus day, designed exclusively for financial service companies, we have identified key areas where interactive discussions across extended workshops will support and maximise your efforts to align Lean with your business strategy.
Your Financial Service workshop Leaders will include:
Vincent Van Lierde
Director, Head of Lean
Senior Program Manager and Team Head - Transformation Office
10.00 - 11.00 LAUNCH BRIEFING
Adapting Lean Thinking to Service Environments: From Concept to EFA Practical Issues
- Financial Services: creating a favourable context to start a Lean initiative
- Does your approach to Process Improvement apply Lean/System Thinking?
- How to create a Lean Service Team acting across the company beginning with the customer requirement in mind Integrating your efforts to address practical systemic issues
11.00 - 12.30 The Challenge of Process Improvement in a Knowledge Based Environment
The growth of dynamic case management (DCM) in the financial-services industry can be attributed to the ongoing evolution of less-structured, more ad-hoc jobs requiring specific skills and interaction with other specialists, together with the new compliance demands from regulators, auditors and litigants.
The interview, followed by an audience discussion will cover the following topics:
- Defining (DCM), the benefits and its relation with Business Process Management
- Achieve stronger business growth in the long term with more efficient and consistent processes through better informed and empowered employees
- What value does social really add to process improvement and Line of Business professionals?
- Explore social as an enabler; accompanying important advancements such as analytics, convergence of BPM and ECM, and a stronger domain focus.
13.00 - 14.15 Successfully Implementing Lean Management At Euroclear
Adopting Incremental and Progressive Responses to Ensure a Culture of Continuous Process Improvement
Treating Process Improvement as a continuous journey is essential to successfully drive your efficient Process Improvement lifecycle
In this workshop you will explore the following topics:
- Optimising the effectiveness and efficiency of a smaller workforce
- Combining Case Management with automated processes to achieve streamlined continuous Process Improvement for faster and more efficient high volume, transactional based processes
14.15 - 15.15 INTERACTIVE ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS
This fully participative, intimate discussion workshop will answer questions and elaborate on issues raised in the preceding sessions
15.30 - 18:30 The Process Excellence Approach to Managing Queues
Use Lean and Six Sigma to Enhance the Customer Experience and Optimise Resources
Through this tailored and focused workshop, dedicated to improving customer experience within your organization, you will learn:
- How Service Level is related to variability
- The difference between Lean and Six Sigma approach to variability
- Basics but comprehensive methods of estimating excessive resources and/or stock necessary to provide appropriate service level to customers
Master Black Belt